New Jersey's Clean Energy Program™
Rebates and Promotions
New Rebate Programs
Starting April 1, New Jersey residents will be eligible to receive rebates ranging from $25 to $100 on the purchase of ENERGY STAR® qualified clothes washers, dishwashers and refrigerators. These rebates are a result of the federal stimulus funding through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.
Many retailers will provide an instant rebate at the time of purchase, while others will require a mail-in rebate form.
ENERGY STAR Dishwashers
There are two rebates available on ENERGY STAR dishwashers. It is important that you check the product list for qualifying models before your purchase.
ENERGY STAR Clothes Washers
- $25 for dishwashers that use 5.8 gallons of water or less per cycle and use less than 324 kWh per year.
- $50 for dishwashers that use 5.0 gallons of water or less per cycle and use less than 307 kWh per year. Compact dishwashers are not eligible.
Energy efficient clothes washers help you save both energy and water at home.
ENERGY STAR Refrigerators
- A $35 rebate is available for clothes washers with a modified energy factor (MEF) of 1.8 to 2.19 and Water Factor <=7.5.
- There is also a year-round rebate available from New Jersey's Clean Energy Program for ENERGY STAR units with a MEF of 2.2 or higher.
There are two rebates available on ENERGY STAR refrigerators which are 7.75 cubic feet or greater in volume. It is important that you check the product list for qualifying models before your purchase.
- $75 for refrigerators that are 20% better than the federal standard
- $100 for refrigerators that are 25% better than the federal standard
- $50 rebate is offered through New Jersey's Clean Energy Program to residents who recycle their old, working refrigerators or freezers
The above rebates are valid for select ENERGY STAR qualified appliances
purchased between April 1, 2010 and April 30, 2010 or while funds last.
Other Rebate News
- A seasonal rebate for ENERGY STAR room air conditioner units will launch May 14, 2010 and end August 31, 2010.
- There are new enhanced rebates available for central air conditioners - up to $600!
- Dehumidifiers with the ENERGY STAR label are also eligible for a $25 rebate.
From cooling and heating equipment rebates to in-home energy assessments
, from information on ENERGY STAR
qualified products to Energy Saving Tips
for saving energy and money, New Jersey's Clean Energy Program gives residents the Power to Save.
All rebates are subject to change at any time.